08 January 2009

In Memoriam- Clio Chafee

The Otis community was saddened to learn about the death of Communication Arts alum Clio Chafee last weekend. The Rhode Island native returned to the east coast after finishing her studies and had been working for an architectural firm in Boston according to a story in the Providence Journal.

Sarah Russin, our Alumni Director shared with me how Clio's friends described her as a "brilliant woman and gifted designer." Her family said she was very committed to the environment and global issues. She was involved with bringing the exhibit "Darfur/Darfur" to Boston in 2007.

Funeral services are being held in her hometown next week.

3 comments:

lan-chi said...

I have set-up a blog for those who knew Clio to share their memories:

http://rememberingclio.blogspot.com/

You can either post a comment or send your post to me and I will enter. There are many memories online already.

Lan-Chi Lam
CommArts, 1998

Anonymous said...

Nice post

Anonymous said...

I'm looking best Wholesale suits for my dad in this coming fathers day.